The Bird’s Eye View:
Today’s show is a special edition. We recently held a webinar with other financial advisors to talk about the state of the markets in 2022. We’ll get you up to date on stock market volatility and provide some perspective on the economy.
On this episode of Your Retirement Elevated podcast with Scott Dougan, we’re sharing a recent webinar we hosted with other financial advisors to talk about the state of the markets in 2022.
If you’re around the water cooler at work and someone brings up the stock market or finances, we want you to be armed with actual data, not misconceptions or hearsay.
Today we’re sharing:
- Quotes about finances
- The difference between politics and policy
- How rising interest rates are affecting the economy
- What drives the stock markets
- Why employees are in charge during the Great Resignation
- How we knew inflation was coming
- Why you shouldn’t take a textbook approach to investing
- Why crypto is gold for nerds
- Why we think the economy is slowing
- Why we think inflation has peaked
- Why stocks do well when interest rates rise
- Why you need to set realistic expectations
Listen to the full episode or use the timestamps below to find specific segments.
3:02 – Quotes
7:37 – Politics vs. policy
13:30 – The economy
15:14 – What drives the stock market
18:20 – Great resignation
21:32 – Inflation
24:28 – Financial markets
26:39 – Crypto currencies
28:58 – Economy is slowing
32:21 – Has inflation peaked?
35:09 – Rising interest and stocks do well
40:11 – Realistic expectations
Thanks for checking out the Your Retirement Elevated Podcast. We’ll talk to you again on the next show.
Scott Dougan, RFC, Investment Advisor – Contact