The retirement planning world is filled with plenty of advice and suggestions, but there are a couple of crucial questions that kind of lurk in the shadows. We’ll call these the unmasked or overlooked questions in retirement planning.
These are the questions can help define comfort and security of your retirement future, yet they still go unaddressed in many cases. In this episode, we’re going to unearth and tackle some of these hidden but essential questions about retirement. We all want to get good answers to our financial questions, but sometimes we have to know the right questions to ask.
Many of the topics we’ll cover today consistently pop up when we’re teaching retirement planning classes, which we’ve been doing for 2+ decades so it will be great to put these answers all in one place.
Here are some of the questions we’ll tackle in this episode:
- How much are my tax-deferred savings going to cost me in taxes come retirement?
- How much can I withdraw from my savings each year?
- Should I still have life insurance when I’m retired?
- What kind of medical coverage will I need over and above Medicare?
- How much am I really paying in fees and commissions?