If you’re thinking about retiring early, you’ll need to take a few extra steps in the planning process because you’ll be facing some additional challenges. But there are ways to navigate this by looking at all of the income options at your disposal.
On today’s show, we’ll share Scott’s top do’s and don’ts of six secret sources of come. So much of your success will depend on your income plan and this episode will lay out some ways to get ahead.
- Withdrawals from a 401(k) plan using the ‘rule of 55’
- Withdrawals from a 401(k) plan if you are a public safety employee
- Payments from retirement accounts using SEPPs
- Withdrawals from an HSA
- Contributions to your Roth IRA, regardless of age
- Withdrawals from any retirement account — if you are willing to pay the penalty
If you want to retire early, listen up because we’ve got the details on how to put you in the best position to do it.
Here’s some of what we discuss in this episode:
- How to deal with anxiety and uncertainty about early retirement. [2:23]
- How to make withdrawals from your plan if you’re a public safety employee. [7:30]
- How SEPPs can help you tap into accounts. [10:24]
Listen to more of our conversation in the podcast or reach out to us to talk about your financial situation and goals.