The biggest worry for many retirees is whether their money will last because none of us want to be forced back into the workplace. That’s why cash flow becomes so important in retirement because if you can master your income and expenses, then you’ll have the confidence you need.
In this episode, we’ll explore many of the expenses in your life that might drastically change (one way or another) in retirement. We’ll break those expenses down further to see which ones are the top priorities and analyze some of the other factors that impact your cash flow in retirement.
Here’s some of what we discuss in this episode:
- Breaking retirement down into three phases to better understand spending. (4:49)
- What are the expenses that change the most in retirement? (8:27)
- The essential expenses vs discretionary and how to account for those. (14:10)
- Taxes are often a big factor in cash flow problems in retirement. (14:10)
- How our planning process helps clients manage cash flow. (19:10)
Listen to more of our conversation in the podcast or reach out to us to talk about your financial situation and goals.